Substitute for Extended Day Program Assistant
Cascades Academy's Extended Day Program is seeking a substitute for their program for Tuesday and Thursday afternoons throughout the school year. The Extended Day Program (EDP) at Cascades Academy provides a nurturing and educational extended day care option for students in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade. Throughout the program, the staff facilitates activities such as arts and crafts, games, and additional speciality programming. The hours for this position are 2:00 - 5:30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as some opportunities for additional work through our all day care programming for inservice days at the school. Scheduling and planning will be a collaborative effort between the Extended Day Program Director and the Extended Day Program Assistant.
EDP Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the program curriculum as planned by the Extended Day Program Coordinator to ensure a quality experience for all participants.
- Work with program personnel to implement and create engaging, developmentally appropriate curriculum and programming.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships through effective and timely communication with the program director, and other building staff members, such as the head of school and teachers.
- Work cooperatively and effectively as a team member by communicating and contributing information on a continuous basis.
- Assist the program coordinator in addressing the ongoing needs of the students and parents.
- Implement program procedures effectively to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Observe, monitor, and participate in the children’s activities.
- Efficiently redirect inappropriate student behaviors and implement the program discipline system to effectively monitor and guide appropriate student behavior.
- Report any concerns and questions regarding the program (students, parents, equipment needs, supplies, other staff, volunteers, etc.) to the program coordinator.
- Maintain accurate and organized records such as attendance records, snack/supply inventory, timesheets, incident reports, and all other paperwork as instructed by the program director.
- Help prepare snacks for the children and clean-up the kitchen and snack area.
- Assist in the cleaning and straightening of the room and equipment before, during, and after the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the program director.
Please send your resume, two letters of reference, and a cover letter expressing your interest to the Auxiliary Program Director Colette Boylan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Cascades Academy to provide equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, veteran’s status or any other status protected by applicable law. Specifically, employment opportunities are and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, aptitudes, abilities and training; advancement is and shall be based on the individual’s achievement, performance, ability, attitude and potential for promotion. Minorities and persons of color are encouraged to apply.