Enhancing Excellence Campaign
The Enhancing Excellence campaign will create a new upper school wing, IDEA Lab with a focus on innovation and technology, a PK-12 nature-based play area, dedicated spaces for music and drama, and expanded parking. Our goal is to prepare our students for the diverse and changing world of the 21st century. These new spaces will provide increased opportunities for our students to foster the important skills of creativity, innovation, critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and collaboration.
Check out the construction camera below to see updates every few minutes from the site!
Upper School Wing
- 4 new classrooms to accomodate the steady growth of the Upper School for the last 3 years
- Target enrollment of 80 students
- New gathering areas to foster collaboration and communication
- College counseling center
IDEA (Innovation/Design/Engineering/Art) Lab
- Industrial area for making, building, and innovating
- Inspiring space for students to create, change their minds, fail, and recreate
- Classroom for physics, robotics and specially designed elective classes
- Interdisciplinary tool and materials resource center used by many different teachers and classes
- Technical area to explore coding, film, robotics, and engineering
PK-12 Nature-Based Play Area
- Expands opportunities for children to stretch their creative capacities
- Supports physical, emotional, and cognitive development
- Strengthens a connection to the natural world
- Dedicated classrooms for music and drama adjacent to the Commons
- Double parking capacity
- New parking lot exit will improve traffic flow
- Widening of parking lot entrance
A major catalyst for the urgency of this project is the good news of an increase in demand for our upper school program. In addition, the priorities of our five-year strategic plan, especially those focused on enhancing our educational program in the areas of technology and fine arts, inspired the Board of Trustees to pursue this project immediately.
As a school, we continually ask ourselves, “How can our programs and physical spaces support such important 21st-century skills as critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication?” This project will provide new programmatic spaces that will go to work in the fall of 2017, giving our students the important tools and experiences they will need to thrive in our rapidly changing world. Consistent with the school’s mission and values, the project will enhance our experiential, innovative, and rich program for students in Central Oregon. Every student in our school community from our youngest pre-kindergarten students just starting out to our soon-to-be-graduates will be directly impacted by these spaces.
Square Footage: 11,790
Budget: $4.5 million
General Contractor: CS Construction
Architect: Hennebery Eddy Architects
Construction Start Date: September 19, 2016
Projected Opening Date: September 2017
Philanthropy and How You Can Help
As a non-profit school, we depend on our school community to support the growth of our programs and facilities. Please contact Head of School, Julie Amberg, if you are interested in learning more about the project or making a contribution. You may also make a gift online here.