Part-time Upper School Math and Science Teacher
The Cascades Academy upper school program consists of an exciting academic curriculum that combines both traditional and hands-on experiential learning methods. Both the fall and spring trimesters are approached in a place-based thematic format, with each culminating in an expedition to the studied region. The goal of the Cascades Academy Upper School program is to create lifelong learners, critical, independent thinkers and socially responsible individuals who are ready for the years ahead of them, both in college and beyond and.
Cascades Academy is seeking an experienced part-time upper school (grades 9 - 12) math and science teacher to join our upper school team. This position will likely be a .5 FTE and may take myriad forms depending on a candidate’s expertise. The school is looking for candidates with experience in biology, physics, geometry and algebra II. The school is also interested in adding a computer science / engineering course in the future. As such, candidates with relevant tech or computer science experience and/or additional math and science experience are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's degree is required, Master's degree is preferred
- 3-5 years experience teaching upper school (grades 9-12)
- A passion for teaching math and science
- Computer science, engineering or other tech related knowledge and skills
- A passion for teaching in a creative, integrated, and innovative way
- Ability to work collaboratively with other Upper School teachers
- A commitment to experiential learning and outdoor education
- A demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning
- A desire to be part of a vibrant, “all-in” community of students, families, and faculty/staff
General responsibilities include curriculum development, classroom instruction, assessment, communication with parents, and general engagement with the entire school.
Reports to: Upper School Head
Start Date: August 26, 2018
To apply please send a resume, cover letter, and two letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
It is the policy of Cascades Academy to provide equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, veteran’s status or any other status protected by applicable law. Specifically, employment opportunities are and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, aptitudes, abilities and training; advancement is and shall be based on the individual’s achievement, performance, ability, attitude and potential for promotion. Minorities and persons of color are encouraged to apply.