Cascades Academy's unique mission weaves challenging academics with experiential learning and actively promotes a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism. The school is eager to consider applications from groups traditionally underrepresented in independent school communities.
- US Volleyball Head Coach, 2021 Fall Season
- Director of Educational Technology, 2021-22
- Substitute Teacher Pool
US Volleyball Head Coach, Fall 2021 Season
The school is seeking an Upper School (grade 9-12) Volleyball Head Coach for the Fall 2021 season.
Job Title: Upper School Volleyball Head Coach
Reports to: Athletic Director
Season: Fall OSAA schedule, late August through mid-November.
This position is responsible for coaching and providing direction to student-athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork in volleyball. Candidates must possess knowledge of coaching fundamentals related to volleyball. The coach will need to drive student-athletes to matches in a small school bus (no CDL required). Coach is responsible for OSAA coaching course work that is required prior to the season’s start.
- Lead Upper School volleyball team in a positive experience during the season.
- Lead practice four days/week, approximately 3:30 - 5:30 pm.
- Ensure a certified coach is present at all volleyball practices and matches.
- Attend matches on weekends and weekdays as per the season schedule.
- Interact thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff, parents, fellow coaches, officials, and the media.
- Communicate with parents and athletes in writing and in person on a weekly basis (at a minimum).
- Instruct and demonstrate skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement in volleyball.
- Work with the Athletic Director in preparing practice and match schedules.
- Develop appropriate training programs.
- Arrange transportation for athletic participants.
- Drive (or accompany) student-athletes on the team bus both to and from matches.
- Adhere to all school policies in regard to the collection and disbursement of money, expenses, and receipts.
- Make recommendations regarding the purchase of uniforms, equipment, and supplies.
- Ensure that proper form(s) for all participants (insurance, attendance, medical) are obtained and current.
- Ensure that all student athletes are eligible, and are in good physical condition from the beginning to the end of the season.
- Emphasize sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles.
- Maintain a safe environment and facilities for student athletes at all times
- Ensure that medical and safety requirements are adhered to.
- Complete injury report for any student injured within 24 hours even if student athlete does not see physician.
- Consult with Athletic Director regarding any off-season training programs.
- Assign duties to all assistant coaches under his/her jurisdiction; including pre-season practice sessions.
- Attend any/ all required OSAA coaches meetings.
- Current First Aid/CPR Card (prior to hire).
- Support the philosophy and vision of Cascades Academy by cultivating a supportive and inclusive environment for all students and employees
- Cover letter describing relevant experience (personal and coaching)
- Professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation or personal references
- Successful applicant will be subject to criminal history background check and fingerprinting
Compensation: Salary dependent on experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and letters of recommendation/references to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Director of Educational Technology, 2021-22
The school is seeking a full-time Director of Educational Technology for the 2021-22 school year.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Providing the PK-12 vision, coordination, integration, and management of all educational technology systems and services to advance the mission of the School.
- Setting the strategic direction and executing the practical implementation of educational technology, information technology and data-security initiatives across all areas of school operations.
- Overseeing the school’s technical support staff and educational technology integrators, collaborating closely with this team, other administrators, and academic department heads to support innovative instructional practices amongst the faculty and promote the thoughtful evolution and integration of technology across operational departments.
- Setting policy, regulations, system standards, and operating procedures for use of technology by adults and students, including the Acceptable Use Policy and other institutional expectations regarding technology.
The Director provides leadership and innovation for enhancing teaching and learning through the identification, evaluation, adoption, and integration of effective technology into the curriculum, including:
- Working creatively and collaboratively with all faculty to provide pedagogical and technical consulting to design, develop, and implement instructional content, courses, and projects that utilize technology to enrich teaching and learning and further the school’s core values.
- Implementing standardized classroom digital media and audiovisual solutions by evaluating classroom systems, and assisting teachers in understanding how the technology components of their classroom can improve student learning.
- Curating innovative online resources to engage students in personalized, technology-enabled, deeper learning.
- Teaching an Upper School IDEA Lab class and/or US electives, and working with US faculty to integrate STEM and makerspace skills into the curriculum.
- Staying abreast of new developments in technology by attending technology learning conferences, participating in online educational communities, reading current technical literature, and testing new hardware and software.
- Planning and implementing professional development and learning opportunities for teachers, administrators, staff members, and parents.
The Director of Educational Technology collaborates with and in some cases supervises other school administrators to:
- Oversee technology hardware, software, and digital learning platforms to support technological innovation in classrooms and offices.
- Oversee the maintenance of school-issued devices for students and faculty.
- Manage operations of mission-critical systems and technology platforms, including Blackbaud, GoogleSuite, Follette Destiny, and other applications necessary to the operation of the School.
- Periodically maintain site networks/servers, access points and switches, fiber/ethernet systems, data storage solutions, phones, and a wired/wireless infrastructure.
- Define purchasing needs and developing specifications for the purchase of computer, multimedia, and telecommunications equipment, as well as instruction and management application software and computer supplies.
Data Security Initiatives
- Ensure faculty and staff devices are appropriately configured/encrypted to ensure school information (including constituent data) is secured.
- Ensure server firewall and antivirus software is up to date and functioning.
- Work with divisions on age-appropriate digital citizenship curriculum to teach safety and security while online.
- Conduct cybersecurity audit on a predetermined basis.
The successful candidate will be a person who:
- Enjoys working with both young people and adults
- Can discern and communicate the inspiring possibilities of educational technology
- Thrives in a hands-on position with responsibilities that range from strategic and long-range planning and implementation of system-wide technology solutions to providing one-on-one and group training and support
- Is committed to equity and inclusion
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; master's degree in a field appropriate for this position preferred.
- Three years or more in a technological leadership and/or innovation role at an educational institution. Experience in the classroom preferred.
- Experience in educational technology planning.
- Strong understanding and technical knowledge in areas of IT security, network components, computer operating systems, protocols and standards, and experience with learning management systems and Google G-Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work well with all levels within an educational organization.
- Position Title: Director of Educational Technology
- Reports to: Director of Curriculum & Business Manager
- Start Date: July 12, 2021
- Salary: DOE. Includes medical and retirement benefits for employee.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and two letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Substitute Teacher Pool
The school is accepting resumes for substitute teachers for all grades (PK-12).
Enjoys working with children and facilitating their wonder and learning
Self-motivated, proactive, flexible, enthusiastic and reliable
Good time management and organizational skills
Engaging and positive personality
Relates respectfully with people of all backgrounds and ages
- Works well as part of a small and cohesive team
- At least one year of experience working with children in an educational setting
- Demonstrated understanding of the developmental stages, needs, and interests of children
- For candidates interested in substituting for the pre-kindergarten program, early childhood certification is required
- Minimum age: 21
- Clean background check
- General digital literacy
- Current CPR/First Aid certificate preferred
Qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and professional references to email@example.com and indicate which grade(s) they are interested in being considered for. No phone calls, please.
It is the policy of Cascades Academy to provide equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, veteran’s status or any other status protected by applicable law. Specifically, employment opportunities are and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, aptitudes, abilities and training; advancement is and shall be based on the individual’s achievement, performance, ability, attitude and potential for promotion. Candidates from groups traditionally underrepresented in independent school communities are encouraged to apply.