The school is seeking one full-time Executive Assistant to the Head of School for 2019-20 school year.
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Head of School
Start Date: Approximately August 21, 2019
The executive assistant to the Head of School provides confidential, consistent and professional support to the Head of School, Board of Trustees and some other members of the leadership team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acts as liaison for the Head of School with the school community.
- Schedules calendar for Head of School and makes all meeting arrangements.
- Reviews and prioritizes Head of School’s mail and email.
- Screens and directs phone calls for the Head of School.
- Maintains expense reports for the Head of School
- Prepares arrangements and schedules for Board of Trustee and subcommittee meetings.
- Maintains board roster, files, and committee minutes for board and subcommittees.
- Maintains Head of School’s office files.
- Drafts letters for signature based on notes or other direction given.
- Maintains a sense of teamwork and positive tone among school office staff.
- Assists institutional advancement functions in coordinating various special events.
- Maintains records of professional development hours for all faculty and school as a whole.
- Coordinates arrangements for Head of School teacher conferences and professional development opportunities, i.e. registration, travel, hotel.
- Provides additional project support for leadership team including Division Heads.
- Reviews calendars regularly to help predict needs of leadership team in coming weeks.
- Provides input on improving efficiencies and policies on an ongoing basis.
- Conducts research for leadership team as requested.
- Models the mission, philosophy and goals of the school to all staff, parents, students, and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's Degree or at least three years work experience in an administrative support role, preferably at the executive level
- Demonstrated professional and personal integrity
- Excellent proofreading and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize well and to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
- Skill in managing a complex calendar
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment and respond to unanticipated events and projects with poise and professionalism
- Strong ability to exercise independent judgement to manage multiple projects to deadlines with minimal oversight
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, open work environment with a sense of humor
- Ability to handle interruptions and other unexpected events and make necessary adjustments in a poised and professional manner
- Accuracy and attention to detail in maintaining data integrity
- Proficiency in Macintosh operating systems, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite
- 1.0 FTE
- Start Date: August 21, 2019
- To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
It is the policy of Cascades Academy to provide equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, veteran’s status or any other status protected by applicable law. Specifically, employment opportunities are and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, aptitudes, abilities and training; advancement is and shall be based on the individual’s achievement, performance, ability, attitude and potential for promotion. Minorities and persons of color are encouraged to apply.