Auxiliary Program Director
Cascades Academy is an independent PK-12 day school with 212 students located in the beautiful mountain town of Bend, Oregon. The school was founded in 2003 and resides on an award-winning 39-acre campus located on the Deschutes River. The school’s unique mission weaves challenging academics with experiential learning and actively cultivates a nurturing and inclusive school community.
Cascades Academy is seeking an Auxiliary Program Director to join our team for the 2019-20 school year.
Program Overview and Vision
The Auxiliary Program currently includes an array of programming for students in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade held after school, on no school days, during evening events, and throughout the summer.
Programs offered after school are part of our Extended Day Program and include after school classes and after school care. After school classes, which are offered on a trimester basis, have a specific programming theme or curriculum, whereas the after school care program provides general supervision and fun activities in a caring and nurturing environment. During speciality evening presentations occurring at our school, the department will also develop care programs for the children of families in attendance.
Throughout the summer and days that school does not take place, our experiential education camp program, Camp CREATE, coordinates summer camp and no school day programs for Cascades Academy students and children throughout the larger Bend community. These programs allow for students to expand their learning through fun hands-on and engaging educational opportunities that are aligned with several pillars of our school’s mission, such as experiential learning, Storyline-themed curriculum, and STEM and nature education. More information about Camp CREATE and our No School Day programs can be found online here.
The school would like to expand its auxiliary program options to include a broader array of programming. Examples might include, but certainly are not limited to, middle and high school options, international student travel trips, summer academic programming or the like. As such, candidates with program development experience are especially encouraged to apply.
Position Title: Auxiliary Program Director
Salary: This is a salaried, 1.0 FTE, benefits-eligible position. Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s background and experience.
Reports to: Lower School Head & Business Manager
Start Date: Flexible depending on candidate’s availability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement programs and educational curriculum for the Camp CREATE summer program, no school day programs, extended day, and evening childcare that are in alignment with school mission, curriculum and culture.
- Manage auxiliary programming staff and after school class teaching staff from the larger community.
- Supervise Extended Day Program from 2:30 - 6:00pm
- Work with program personnel to implement and create engaging, developmentally appropriate curriculum and programming.
- Design and maintain budgets for auxiliary programs to meet revenue goals
- Meet with business office personnel to review income and expenses.
- Create web pages, registration forms, email notifications, and other program-related materials through the use of our school website software.
- Communicate with families and the larger community through community events, online communication, and additional marketing materials.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with your program staff and other staff members, such as the head of school and teachers.
- Conduct program and staff evaluations.
- Oversee auxiliary use of campus facilities including rentals and events
- Oversee risk management for PK-12 off-campus learning
- Supervise LS recess, lunch, and parking lots duties as assigned by the LS Head
- Pursue and execute additional professional development throughout the school year via conferences, school visits, books, webinars, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lower School Head or Head of School.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Visionary leadership with regard to creative curriculum/program development
- Experience teaching elementary aged children
- Experience and/or openness in learning marketing and website software
- Experience in maintaining program finances
- Collaborative approach to working with other teachers and staff
- Experience managing and scheduling staff
- A commitment to the "whole child" through age-appropriate, child-centered, experiential learning
- Enrollment in the Central Background Registry including necessary trainings and professional development
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and two letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
It is the policy of Cascades Academy to provide equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, veteran’s status or any other status protected by applicable law. Specifically, employment opportunities are and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, aptitudes, abilities and training; advancement is and shall be based on the individual’s achievement, performance, ability, attitude and potential for promotion. Minorities and persons of color are encouraged to apply.