Remote Learning Overview
In the time of COVID-19, we have redefined what learning and community mean for our students and families. The quick transition to remote learning undoubtedly created some feelings of uncertainty. However, the opportunity for creativity also sparked incredible enthusiasm in our teachers. Through virtual classes, gatherings, and projects, our teachers are providing students with hands-on learning activities that engage the mind and body and expand on the foundations already rooted in the classroom. Our teachers have helped our students find rhythm and routine, and most importantly, connection. We extend our deepest gratitude to our students and families for their encouraging and supportive engagement in this new way of learning. Together, we continue to provide our students with rich educational experiences that instill a sense of lifelong learning.
Our goals for our remote learning program are to:
- Provide the best possible remote learning experience for our beloved Cascades Academy students.
- Focus on our mission and core values, promoting a balance of enriching academics and hands-on experiential learning within an engaged community.
- Honor and support the unique needs and challenges of each student and family as they navigate remote learning.
- Look for ways to brighten our students’ days with levity, humor, and plenty of time outdoors.
- Provide social-emotional support to students and their families through shared resources and access to our Director of Counseling.
- Find creative ways to celebrate our students and their accomplishments, especially the senior class of 2020.
- Ask for your feedback so that we can ensure families are supported through this new and different model.
Our remote learning courses and lessons are uniquely designed to promote students' critical thinking, problem solving skills, and creativity while not losing the collaboration and exchange of ideas that is fundamental to our educational approach. Throughout the grades, students are continuing to build upon the lessons learned and rooted in the classroom while at home, synchronously through virtual meetings and discussions, and asynchronously through projects and activities.
Curious about our remote learning approach? Check out our resources below for a closer look at a day in the life of a Cascades Academy remote learner.
Thank you for being amazing, for being open to feedback, and for showing up to show how much you care about our kids each day! It's huge, and we notice. We feel super fortunate to have this community of educators guiding our children!
- Cascades Academy Parent
Our wonderful teachers engaging in a remote faculty meeting!