At Cascades Academy, we are determined to make education accessible to families from a wide range of economic backgrounds. We want our school community to mirror the Central Oregon community, and we seek to enroll strong students whose families embrace the mission of the school, regardless of socio-economic background. Cascades Academy offers a wide range of tuition assistance for families who qualify, and the Kelly Young and Impact merit scholarships for qualifying high school students. Financial support for this assistance is derived from the school’s operating budget as well as from targeted activities and gifts established to support student opportunity.
Cascades Academy commits over $700,000 a year to help fund our tuition assistance program, and we are able to provide assistance to 36% of the student body. With our tuition assistance awards, the range of family contribution for tuition is from $0-$15,000.
We encourage families to learn more about our tuition assistance program by contacting the Director of Admission.
Tuition Assistance Application Timeline
Tuition Assistance Application Open November 1, 2019
Applications Due January 6, 2020
Notification Date for Returning Families February 1, 2020
Notification Date for New Families March 2, 2020
Rolling Applications Due with admission application
To begin your Tuition Assistance application, follow the steps below:
To Complete the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) Online:
1. Beginning on November 1, 2019, go to the SSS by NAIS website. The code for Cascades Academy is 900152.
2. Create your Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
3. Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2020-21. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
4. After you have pressed submit, you'll be brought to a payment screen. The fee of $47 is nonrefundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
5. After you pay for and submit your PFS, you'll have access to the PFS Online section called "Manage Documents." You can upload the additional documents we require there:
- 2018 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ (due 2/5/18)
- 2018 W2 or 1099 (due 2/5/18)
- 2018 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ (due 4/15/18)
- 2018 Schedule C (due 4/15/18)
If you wish to submit required documents by mail, send to: School and Student Services, P.O. Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449. (For overnight mail: SSS By NAIS, Application Processing Center, 15 Dan Road, Suite 102, Canton, MA 02021.)
To Submit Additional Required Documents Online:
- Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. Remove any security or password protection from your document files.
- Return to the PFS Online and login.
- Select the Academic Year 2020-21 button.
- From your PFS Online, click the "My Documents" tab.
- On the "My Documents" page, you will see an upload button or a hyperlink next to a specific document name in the "Required Documents" section of the PFS. Clicking either the upload button or a hyperlink will lead you through a series of steps allowing you to name, locate, and save the file.
- Once you have uploaded a document, the date will appear in the "Date Uploaded" column within minutes of the upload. Some tax documents go through a verification process. It can take up to 48 hours for the verification process to complete.
School Information for the PFS:
School's full name: Cascades Academy
School's SSS code: 900152
Contact information for financial aid office: Barb Cartmell (firstname.lastname@example.org or 541.382.0699 x.132)
If you need help completing the PFS, please contact SSS customer service at (800) 344-8328. (Monday - Friday: 9am - 8pm EST; Saturday: 9am - 4pm EST).
For all other questions, please contact the Office of Admission at 541.382.0699 x132.
Cascades Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, or any other legally protected status in the administration or educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs, or athletic and other school administered programs.