Thank you for your interest in Cascades Academy's Financial Aid Program. Inclusion and affordability are essential elements of Cascades Academy's educational program, and we award over $500,000 in scholarships every year. Financial aid allows families to pay what they can afford for tuition.
To be eligible for consideration for financial aid, you must complete an online application. We will communicate all decisions about tuition adjustments with acceptances on a rolling basis until all classes are full. We also offer additional scholarships for upper school students.
We use an independent organization, School and Student Services (SSS), to process Financial Aid applications. Based on the financial information you provide, SSS gives us an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps us make fair and objective award decisions.
The table below illustrates the average award by income level for students receiving need-based financial aid.
Gross Income Range
$130,000 - $150,000
While the table above provides some broad guidelines, we recognize that every family situation is different and that even a small amount of reduced tuition can make a critical difference for many families. Cascades Academy encourages all families to apply for financial aid if they think they may qualify. In 2017-2018, financial aid amounts ranged from $2,300 to $13,975.
Cascades Academy uses the calculations provided by SSS as a starting point in determining the demonstrated need of a family. Other factors considered include the information provided by tax forms, the number of children in tuition charging schools, and any extenuating circumstances. Additional criteria are used for those who are self-employed or own a business or farm, or if there are other special circumstances.
Current families who are receiving financial aid can expect to receive similar levels of funding each year if their financial circumstances remain the same. However, every family must reapply for financial aid each year and meet all stated deadlines. If the current financial picture for a family changes, the amount of reduced tuition may be adjusted accordingly. Families who submit late applications may not be considered for reduced tuition, reflecting the remaining budget at that time.
To begin your Financial Aid application, follow the steps below:
To Complete the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) Online:
1. Beginning on November 1, 2017, go to the SSS by NAIS website.
2. Create your Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
3. Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2018-19. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
4. After you have pressed submit, you'll be brought to a payment screen. The fee of $47 is nonrefundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
5. After you pay for and submit your PFS, you'll have access to the PFS Online section called "Manage Documents." You can upload the additional documents we require there:
- 2016 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ (due 2/5/18)
- 2016 W2 or 1099 (due 2/5/18)
- 2016 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ (due 4/15/18)
- 2016 Schedule C (due 4/15/18)
If you wish to submit required documents by mail, send to: School and Student Services, P.O. Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449. (For overnight mail: SSS By NAIS, Application Processing Center, 15 Dan Road, Suite 102, Canton, MA 02021.)
To Submit Additional Required Documents Online:
- Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. Remove any security or password protection from your document files.
- Return to the PFS Online and login.
- Select the Academic Year 2018-19 button.
- From your PFS Online, click the "My Documents" tab.
- On the "My Documents" page, you will see an upload button or a hyperlink next to a specific document name in the "Required Documents" section of the PFS. Clicking either the upload button or a hyperlink will lead you through a series of steps allowing you to name, locate, and save the file.
- Once you have uploaded a document, the date will appear in the "Date Uploaded" column within minutes of the upload. Some tax documents go through a verification process. It can take up to 48 hours for the verification process to complete.
School Information for the PFS:
School's full name: Cascades Academy
School's SSS code: 900152
Contact information for financial aid office: Andrea Hendrickson (email@example.com or 541.382.0699 x.132)
If you need help completing the PFS, please contact SSS customer service at (800) 344-8328. (Monday - Friday: 9am - 8pm EST; Saturday: 9am - 4pm EST).
For all other questions, please contact the Office of Admission at 541.382.0699 x132.
Cascades Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, or any other legally protected status in the administration or educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs, or athletic and other school administered programs.