During this camp, led by Katie Lamarre, Director of Curriculum and College Counseling at Cascades Academy, incoming 11th and 12th grade students will dive deep into the college application process. The following areas will be covered:
- Goal Setting and Overview of at the College Admissions Timeline
- Personal College List
- Common Application/Coalition Application/Other Application
- College Essay draft writing with multiple revisions
- Financial Aid Presentation with Q. and A.
- Advising on Visits and Interviews
- Meetings with Admission Representatives from different schools
The goal is that each student will end the week with a strong essay and a close to complete Common Application/Alternative Application. Each student will also leave feeling prepared to finish the college application process on their own and with an elevated peace of mind.