Camp Employment Opportunities
Come join Cascades Academy Camp CREATE this summer as the camp assistant for the Adventurers (Kindergarten/first grade) age group! If you are an individual that enjoys helping campers learn and working with kindergarten and first grade children, this leadership position is perfect for you.
We are looking for an instructor that is:
- Excited to engage with our youngest campers in positive educational and recreational activities and support them in their time at our camp
- Able to maintain high energy and positivity, while also having patience and compassion with students
- Ready to energize their students and peers with songs, games, and learning activities
- Open to learning new skills and helping teach others
- Hardworking and collaborates well with others while also able to take on projects independently
- Confident in their skills to lead large groups of young children
- Welcoming and warm to all campers and families that attend our program
- First Aid/CPR certified
- At least one year or more of experience working with children in a summer camp, youth recreation, or educational setting
- Has completed one year of college or more
- Valid Driver’s License and insurance and interest in learning and/or experience driving 14-passenger bus
- Oversee the “Adventurers” age group for students entering kindergarten and first grade and support their learning and camp experience in activities and transition times.
- Assist in leading songs, games, activities, and excursions related to our weekly theme.
- Work with guest educators and instructors in helping teach activities, guide field trips, and manage kindergarten and first grade campers.
- Oversee camper safety both physically and emotionally.
- Function as a mediator in camper conflicts, homesickness, and other behavioral issues, and administer camper disciplinary procedures, when warranted
- Escort and assist campers between activities, during lunches, and on various breaks throughout the day
- Create an inclusive, non-threatening environment through the use of team building and other engaging activities
- Plan and prepare daily equipment needs
- Submit all required paperwork to the director
- Communicate any problems or concerns to the program director
- Keep group check in/out area clean and in a neat, orderly fashion at all times, and be welcoming to families during check in/check out times
- Other duties as assigned by the program director
The below schedule is subject to change based on the needs of the position. Camp CREATE will assure four weeks of work with the hopes that all seven weeks have a need for our K/1st aide.
- We are a day camp that runs Monday through Friday, 9:00AM - 4:30 PM, but your day will begin at 8:00am on Mondays and 8:30am from Tuesday to Friday. We will meet each morning for a daily meeting prior to campers' arrival to discuss any special activities for the day, issues, etc.
- Our camp runs for seven weeks from June 25th - August 17th, and our program will be off the week of July 4th due to the holiday.
- The group leader position will attend a mandatory three day paid training from June 20th - 22nd at Cascades Academy.
- Camp assistants are paid at an hourly rate of $11
- Assistants are also hourly compensated for their training period from June June 21st - 23rd.
- Submit your resume, cover letter, and one letter of reference from an employer that relates to the field of youth recreation or education to the summer program director Colette Boylan at email@example.com
It is the policy of Cascades Academy to provide equal employment opportunity, regardless of race,color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, veteran’s status or any other status protected by applicable law. Specifically, employment opportunities are and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, aptitudes, abilities and training; advancement is and shall be based on the individual’s achievement, performance, ability, attitude and potential for promotion. Minorities and persons of color are encouraged to apply.