Why Our Program
With so many programs in Central Oregon, why should you choose to join our camp this summer? Here are five different reasons why our program may be the best summer opportunity out there for you and your kids.
1) Our guest educators and instructors are some of the best in their field
Every camp says that their staff is the best of the best, but here’s why our instructors and guest educators are pretty amazing:
- Our camp's guest educators are faculty at Cascades Academy that have years of professional experience working in their field. Learn more about their work and teaching experience on our Staff Bios page.
- All of our instructors are college level or higher and have two or more years of experience working with children
- Safety is a priority for us, and all staff at CREATE are Wilderness First Responder or First Aid/CPR certified
2) CREATE offers education, recreation, and that good ol’ traditional day camp FUN
With weekly themes, guest educators, excursions, group games, and more, our program provides a well-rounded day camp experience. Children learn some amazing life skills from summer camp, so why not enhance their knowledge and skills in a specific topic as well? Our weekly themes give campers the opportunity to take part in some of their favorite parts of day camp, like songs and games and outdoor exploration, while also providing them some engaging educational opportunities. It’s the best of both worlds!
3) We offer weekly storyline themes that incorporate hands-on learning, exploration, and collaboration
Here at Camp CREATE we believe that students learn about a topic by experiencing and doing it first hand, especially with others. Each week at our camp we strive to give students the opportunity to truly explore their theme by working on week-long projects, taking excursions to places in our community, and collaborating with educational collaborators, instructors, and peers in completing team-initiatives and projects. To make it even more engaging, we have made the weekly themes Storyline-based to give your campers the opportunity to become fully immersed in the topic. Instead of just building a LEGO robot or making a stuff animal, why not become a real astronaut or toy maker? We believe this makes learning a whole lot more fun and helps the knowledge stick!
4) Our programs are designed for students entering kindergarten all the way through fourth grade
It’s a wonderful thing when children of all ages can collaborate with each other, but it's also important that kids be challenged appropriately so they can get the most out of their camp experience. Our day camps are offered to students entering kindergarten through fourth grade and are scheduled throughout the day so that they can work together as an entire camp and work on projects designed specifically for their age groups.
Campers will be divided into the following age groups according to the grade they are entering:
- Adventurers - Entering Kindergarten and First Grade
- Explorers - Entering Second, Third, and Fourth Grade
5) We offer instructor to student ratios that provide excellent individualized care and educational assistance
Each week of our program is designed so that we can successfully manage groups of children, ensure their safety, and assist them as much as we can with their educational needs. Each instructor will oversee a group of no more than ten campers to make sure your campers are being looked after properly while attending our camp, and our camp volunteers (C.I.T's) also work hard to assist campers in their learning adventures.